• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

steep/Whirlpool issue (Desktop vs Mobile)

alcal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I'm on a tryout on the Windows Desktop version and purchased the Android version (full).

I made a recipe using the desktop version, which includes a steep/whirlpool late hop addition. A 20 min. steep/whirlpool of 60g of Chinook results in 18,9 IBU. That's fine.

Now I saved the recipe to the cloud and loaded it back into Android version. Now the same "steep/whirlpool" of the desktop version is mapped into a "steep" step, unfortunately it accounts for 0.0 additional IBU (!!!).

The result is that the same recipe on Mobile gives a totally different bitterness level than the Desktop version.

Apparently, the Android version always counts 0 IBU for hop steep phase, regardless of the duration.

May I be doing something wrong?

Most likely the software is screwy. Don't beat yourself up.

Hi,
  I've not yet brought the mobile version up to the 2.2 features including the whirlpool hops.  I actually finished programming it and I'm just starting testing on the mobile update to do this - should have it out in a few more weeks.

Brad

Oh. I understand.
Thank you for the clarification.

Back