• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

STICKY: Post Your Best Recipes as Attachments

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
  As part of the recently upgraded board, you can now upload recipes (or pictures) as attachments on the forum.  Click on "Additional Options..." to post an attachment.

If you are going to post a recipe, please post it in BeerSmith format (*.bsm file), and also please limit your post to one or two recipes because the total disk space for attachments is still limited.  The same rules apply for pictures - please limit the size by first resizing your picture to 640x480 or smaller.

The maximum attachment size is 256KB.

I will choose some recipes from the forum to post to the main receipe page!  Thanks for contributing!

Cheers!
Brad

009 Doc's Authentic Superior Irish Red Ale (All Grain)
Brew Type: All Grain Date: 7/25/2006
Style: Irish Red Ale Brewer: Doc Pagala
Batch Size: 5.00 gal Assistant Brewer: 
Boil Volume: 6.17 gal Boil Time: 60 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0 % Equipment: Brew Pot 9.5 galon - Imersion Chiller
Actual Efficiency: 50.0 %

Taste Rating (50 possible points): 35.0
009 Supplies purchased at Barley & Wine, Modesto, CA - Very smooth. Good balance between malts and hops. Slightly dry. No bitter after taste. Color is red with brown undertones. Moderate head. All organic without filtering, yeast flavor great!

Ingredients Amount Item Type % or IBU
9.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 76.8 %
0.97 lb Aromatic Malt (26.0 SRM) Grain 8.3 %
0.57 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 4.9 %
0.37 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM) Grain 3.2 %
0.25 lb Pleated Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 2.1 %
0.17 lb Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM) Grain 1.5 %
0.17 lb Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 1.5 %
0.17 lb Special B Malt (180.0 SRM) Grain 1.5 %
0.05 lb Black Roasted (3.0 SRM) Grain 0.4 %
0.50 oz Magnum [14.00%] (60 min) Hops 23.9 IBU
1.00 oz Fuggles [4.50%] (17 min) Hops 8.3 IBU
1.00 oz Williamette [5.50%] (1 min) Hops 0.8 IBU
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 20.0 min) Misc 
5.00 gal French Camp, CA Water 
1 Pkgs Irish Ale (Wyeast Labs #1084) [Starter 1300 ml] Yeast-Ale 

Beer Profile Estimated Original Gravity: 1.063 SG (1.044-1.060 SG) Measured Original Gravity: 1.042 SG
Estimated Final Gravity: 1.016 SG (1.010-1.014 SG) Measured Final Gravity: 1.012 SG
Estimated Color: 14.2 SRM (9.0-18.0 SRM) Color [Color]
Bitterness: 33.0 IBU (17.0-28.0 IBU) Alpha Acid Units: 2.3 AAU
Estimated Alcohol by Volume: 6.1 % (4.0-6.0 %) Actual Alcohol by Volume: 3.9 %
Actual Calories: 185 cal/pint

Mash Profile Name: Single Infusion, Medium Body, No Mash Out Mash Tun Weight: 0.00 lb
Mash Grain Weight: 11.72 lb Mash PH: 5.4 PH
Grain Temperature: 72.0 F Sparge Temperature: 168.0 F
Sparge Water: 3.91 gal Adjust Temp for Equipment: TRUE

Name Description Step Temp Step Time
Mash In Add 14.65 qt of water at 165.9 F 154.0 F 60 min

Mash Notes
Simple single infusion mash for use with most modern well modified grains (about 95% of the time).
Carbonation and Storage Carbonation Type: Kegged (Forced CO2) Carbonation Volumes: 2.4 (2.1-2.6 vols)
Estimated Pressure: 8.7 PSI Kegging Temperature: 35.0 F
Pressure Used: -10 Age for: 4.0 Weeks
Storage Temperature: 35.0 F

Notes
009 - Aireated 02 @ 40 psi. 30 sec. w/ .5 micron steel stone. Kegged to Corney on 04 AUG 2006 at 10 PSI - C02. This beer has been entered into the Samuel Adams 2006 Longshot Homebrew Competition. Posted by IroPino, BeerSmith Forum.

Attachments

• recipe_DASIRA.bsm
    17.4 KB · Views: 991
A nice recipe, though it is the first time I have ever seen "Pleated Malt" used in a recipe.

;)  Fred

bonjour said:
A nice recipe, though it is the first time I have ever seen "Pleated Malt" used in a recipe.

;)  Fred

That was a typo.  It should have said Peated Malt.

been busy with the program and have converted mr. warners recipies from the beer style series to partial grain. i have not tryed them but will do the weizen this saterday.

Attachments

• recipes.bsm
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • old bavarian_recipes.bsm
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,084
  • Probstweizen_recipes.bsm
    12.6 KB · Views: 996
here are some partial grain oktoberfest recipies i converted from mr and mrs fix's book in the beer style series. havent tryed them but will after a few batches of others i have uploaded.

Attachments

• oktoberfest_recipes.bsm
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,154
  • vienna lager_recipes.bsm
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,111
this is from mr millers pilsners book in the beer style series. he listed it as partial grain. will try after weizens.

Attachments

• germanpilsener_recipes.bsm
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,037
Jab,
  You might want to post the recepies in separate threads with the name of the recipe as the subject - they are more likely to be read and it makes it easier to find a recipe if someone is looking for one.

Cheers!
Brad

oh, i thought by posting them as two different ones on the same thread it would work that way. good idea.
thanks. ;D

hello, all. i have spent hours tweaking Eric warner's German wheat beer Christoph probst weizenbock recipe.
i had to customize the double decotion to fit. i hope everyone will enjoy it.
latter i will upload a few more tweaked recipes from the 4 main styles i do.

Attachments

• weizenbockwarner.bsm
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,450
here are two more tweeked recipies both from their corresponding classic beer style series books.
oktoberfest edelhell both all grain and infusion.

Attachments

• edelhell.bsm
    11.7 KB · Views: 916
  • oktoberfest.bsm
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,030
not sure how to domore than one attachment at a time. p.s just noticed the more attachment link doooooohhhhuu lol

Attachments

• recipes.bsm
    15.1 KB · Views: 911
BeerSmith said:
All,
  As part of the recently upgraded board, you can now upload recipes (or pictures) as attachments on the forum.  Click on "Additional Options..." to post an attachment.

If you are going to post a recipe, please post it in BeerSmith format (*.bsm file), and also please limit your post to one or two recipes because the total disk space for attachments is still limited.  The same rules apply for pictures - please limit the size by first resizing your picture to 640x480 or smaller.

The maximum attachment size is 256KB.

I will choose some recipes from the forum to post to the main receipe page!  Thanks for contributing!

Cheers!
Brad

Attachments

• Ron & Don's recipes.bsm
    14.5 KB · Views: 959
Here is a German Pils recipe that I have entered into 11 comps over the last two years with an average score of 40. One comp only had two other pilsners entered so maybe it is only a 38... but a dang fine brew anyway. It is a summertime favorite of mine, I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• German Pilsner.bsm
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,003
Pop Pops Porter
This is my robust Porter I make often... It comes out very good and has changed mixed drink drinkers and I hate porter drinkers  and I hate beer in general drinkers to I just can't get enough porter drinkers... Has a very good balance between the hops and grain with a rich Carmel taste.

Attachments

• recipes.bsm
    14.8 KB · Views: 845
Don's Ale - Lawnmower beer.
I wanted a light color, low gravity, lawnmower beer for the summer. This has become one of my new favorites and i hope you enjoy it too.

p.s. this is the first recipe that I made using Beersmith.

Attachments

• Dons Ale.bsmx
    15 KB · Views: 832
hello friends thank for this recipes we make dicess with the help of this recipes ,i love this this forum thank you so much for post recipes.
------------------------------
TIPS FOR LOGO DESIGN

This one is my CB (Chocolate Biscuit) Bitter. The keg went pretty quickly but I bottled 1/2 dozen 750ml bottles. I am really impressed with this brew, given that I was starting to think bottling was inferior to kegging. It's a nice balance of Maris Otter and Fuggles with some Victory and a touch of Choc malt.

Cheers

Attachments

• CB Bitter.bsmx
    20.6 KB · Views: 593
Here is my Barley Wine Old Dark Will. Sweet, smokey and great for a snowy day like today

Attachments

• OLD DARK WILL.bsmx
    28.3 KB · Views: 579
Back