• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

STOUT FAUCETS

RaymondMillbrae

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey, Folks, I'm a new brewer and setting-up a fridge as a kegerator.

I will be brewing a 5-gallon keg of stout, a 2.5-gallon keg of porter, and a 2.5 gallon keg of blonde ale.

I will be charging my stout and porter with a Nitro/CO2 blend.

I am on the search for a very nice, dedicated, spout faucet.

So far I have looked at the KegWorks Faucet...

And also at the InterTap Faucet from MoreBeer. (This InterTap nitro tip screws onto the intertap faucet).

So here are my thoughts:

1) Get one dedicated Nitro Stout faucet.
2) Get the InterTap faucet with the nitro tip. That way if I decide to do something other than a porter, I can swap the tip to accomodate a non-porter.
3) Get a regular Intertap faucet as my 3rd one. (Heck...since my 2nd one is Intertap, why not)?

What do you think?

I would not be asking, but using my search, all the "stout faucet threads" are old.

Thanks.

Raymond

You will need a separate nitrogen tank and regulator too. What is commonly known as "beer gas" is a mix of about 25% CO2 and 75% Nitrogen. Here is a short article outlining the basics.

https://beerandbrewing.com/how-to-serve-beer-on-nitro/

Thanks.

I already have the nitrogen regulator and the Nitro/CO2 tank.

Just looking for opinions on good, dedicated, stout faucets.

I hear there are also some faucets that are "creamers" (or something like that), and to stay away from them.

Raymond

Just an FYI...

I read a few good things about the InterTap faucets and spouts. And a few peeps also commented on them as well.

So I just purchased two of the stainless steel InterTap spouts, one InterTap stout spout, and two of their self-closing faucet springs. (When the handle is pulled open, the springs ensure the handle snaps back into the upright position for no drips or leaks).

One faucet will be for blonde ales, the other for porters...or whatevah. (Since I can unscrew and remove the stout spout).

I'm still in the market for a dedicated stout faucet, so don't be shy about recommending ones.

Raymond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF4QsWLCEhY

Just closing this post.

I went with the Taprite stainless steel stout faucet.

Just a bit surprised there are not more stout drinkers...or peeps to help with stout/nitro questions.

Raymond

Back