• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

style guidlines

BrewCat

Brewer
Reaction score
been trying to learn this software and was looking for style guidlines within the carbonation tool. couldnt seem to find any. the style guidlines are a bit confusing in the water tool as well. I dont match my brewing to a city water profile because I would imagine they treat Their water so not quite sure they are as helpful as a beer style water profile. I see there are beer style water profiles mixed in. What I did was look at outside water profiles for a beer style and then come back in and try to match. For example what profile would you people use for a stout under 30 SRM ?

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Unfortunately the BJCP does not publish specific style guidance with regards to carbonation. I've used some reasonable estimates in the style guide but there is no hard and fast carb limits.