• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

style guidlines

BrewCat

Brewer
Reaction score
been trying to learn this software and was looking for style guidlines within the carbonation tool. couldnt seem to find any. the style guidlines are a bit confusing in the water tool as well. I dont match my brewing to a city water profile because I would imagine they treat Their water so not quite sure they are as helpful as a beer style water profile. I see there are beer style water profiles mixed in. What I did was look at outside water profiles for a beer style and then come back in and try to match. For example what profile would you people use for a stout under 30 SRM ?

Unfortunately the BJCP does not publish specific style guidance with regards to carbonation. I've used some reasonable estimates in the style guide but there is no hard and fast carb limits.

been trying to learn this software and was looking for style guidlines within the carbonation tool. couldnt seem to find any. the style guidlines are a bit confusing in the water tool as well. I dont match my brewing to a city water profile because I would imagine they treat Their water so not quite sure they are as helpful as a beer style water profile. I see there are beer style water profiles mixed in floor preparation orlando. What I did was look at outside water profiles for a beer style and then come back in and try to match. For example what profile would you people use for a stout under 30 SRM ?
it is common for brewers to adjust their water to match the style of beer they are brewing. Different beer styles may benefit from specific water characteristics to enhance their flavor and overall quality. However, the specific water profile recommendations can vary depending on the desired outcome and personal preferences. For a stout with an SRM (Standard Reference Method) of under 30, it is generally recommended to have a water profile that is more balanced in terms of mineral content. This means having a moderate to high carbonate level to help balance the roastiness and acidity of the dark malts. Additionally, a slightly elevated calcium level can assist with yeast flocculation and clarity. Keep in mind that water adjustments can be complex and depend on various factors such as the base water quality, target beer style, and personal preferences. It's always a good idea to consult brewing references, experienced brewers, or online brewing communities to gather more specific recommendations tailored to your brewing setup and water source. If you have any further questions or if you can provide more information about the specific software or tool you are using, please let me know, and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Back