• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Supplier Field in Ingredient lists

Oakleyroyal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi I've been using Beersmith for many years and couldn't now work without it.
A small request, within the Fermentables items there is a field for Supplier but this does not exist for the Hops. It would make life easier if the supplier for all the inventory items could be available and also viewed in all the list views, ie ingredients and inventory.
Keep up the great work!

Thanks,
  I"ve not added a supplier field but it would probably not be hard to add.  The challenge is updating many thousands of ingredients/add-ons and recipes however!

Brad

Pretty easy to just put your supplier(s) in parentheses after the name of the hop.

Another alternative is to number your suppliers and preface the products you get from them with a number. When you type the prefix into the search box all of the products from that supplier be listed before other products. I use 3 main suppliers and this method works great for me. I use it for hops, fermentables, yeasts and misc.

Example: 2 Great Western Pale Ale Malt.

BeerSmith said:
  I"ve not added a supplier field but it would probably not be hard to add.  The challenge is updating many thousands of ingredients/add-ons and recipes however!

As I read the OP's request, the supplier field would be something the user inputs as needed. Whether it's a particular hop farm, online or local retailer, or even their own yard, it seems like a matter of preference. Maybe not a very extensive update?

In my opinion, the Misc category is also in need of a supplier field for the same reason. It just makes the shopping list easier to sort and not miss anything.

Back