• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

System keeps asking if I want to update

TurnedTimber

Apprentice
Reaction score
I already have the latest version of Beersmith, yet every time I open the program I am asked if I want to download the update. How do I turn this off?

Thank you
Dennis

Attachments

• BeerSmith2 Screen Shot.docx
    517.4 KB · Views: 150
Check Help->About - it should show version 2.3.7 or higher.  If it does not and you have already updated, then the problem is almost certainly that you have a shortcut on your task bar or desktop pointing to an old version.  Try deleting the shortcut from your task bar, run the correct new version and then pin it again.

Brad

Brad,

Thank you for your reply.  I did delete the shortcut and the system continues to ask if I want to update. I went into the system directory and executed the program from there and it still wants to update. 

Check Help->About and see if you have the right version.  It should not be updating if it is current.

Are you running Mac, PC, Linux and is it 64 or 32 bit?

Brad

Brad,

Again, Thank You for your help.  I deleted the program, re-downloaded it and it is fine. It now reports as ver. 2.3.7. As to your question for me, I am running Win 10, 32 bit.

Back