• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tool for Reducing or Increasing Recipes

RJsbrewhouse

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am a newby of three years to homebrewing. I have been developing my own recipes as of late all 5 gallon batches. Some have turned out great and a few not so great. I would like to start reducing my and others recipes to 3 gallon due to if bad I do not have so much to consume and just to not have to much beer bottled due to I like devolping new recipes.I have tried to do the math for reducing the grist percentages but I am not sure if these qaunities are correct. I looked through the tools and other file in beersmith but do not see and tool for this option. Thank you for the help.

What you are looking for is "Scale Recipe" which is found both in the drop down menu and on the toolbar. It will take your recipe and adjust it to your new profile and desired batch size.

Upvote 0
Back