• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

transfer to new computer

jawsfree

Apprentice
Reaction score
Having trouble transferring beersmith 2 from one computer to the other.
I have copied the beersmith 2 folder from Computer A to Computer B. The program works but none of my recipes are there.
I tried to copy just the recipe file and import but when I point beersmith 2 to that folder it says no file exsits.
Not sure what I am doing wrong but any help would be much appriciated.

Cheers,
Jason

You can transfer your installation over to a new computer. You can still download BeerSmith 2
from the 'BeerSmith2' link at the top of the BeerSmith.com web site.

If you have BeerSmith2, make a backup copy of your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory.

Next check the Help->Activate command to get your registration key, then download
and install the new copy on your new computer. After you've run it and used your key to activate
it you can (if desired) move your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory over to the new computer
which will carry over your recipes and other data.

Make sure you close BeerSmith before moving the data over, and also note that copying the data
to the new computer will overwrite anything you've input on the new computer.

When you are done with the old computer and have your data saved, you can then uninstall it from the old one.

Back