• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transferring recipes from Beersmith 3 to Beersmith 2 after the subscription expires.

ksandrdis

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have purchased Beersmith 2. Can I use recipes from Beersmith 3 in the second version? If possible, how can I do it if the subscription to the third version has expired? Where does Beersmith 3 store recipe files? Mac OS

You can export data to a BSMX file from BeerSmith3 using File->Export and import it into BeerSmith 2:
https://beersmith.com/blog/2019/01/27/sharing-beer-brewing-data-using-bsmx-files-in-beersmith/

The data is stored under on the File Manager's Go->Library command to view the Beersmith3 directory (On the Mac the Library directory may be hidden) and that is where you can find it on Mac.

Also there is a non-subscription option for BeerSmith 3 called a basic license if you decide to get that in the future.

Back