• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Unable to Uninstall Fermentable Add-on

chookherder

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm running v3.0 on a Mac and have somehow corrupted one of my fermentables Add-ons (Gladfield).

The Gladfield (51 grains) list as Installed in the Fermentables Add-Ons, however when I search all fermentables for Gladfield there is only 1 grain.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 3.41.09 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 3.42.13 am.png

My first thought was to Uninstall the Gladfield Add-on, but this is failing, I can Uninstall/re-Install all my other Fermentable Add-ons, but not the Gladfield.

Any help is appreciated, currently I'm duplicating old recipes with the Gladfield grains I intend to use and then deleting all the ingredients before building new recipes.

Kind regards,
Ben

As a first step I would try uninstalling and then installing the add-on to grab it again. If that fails drop me an email and I can email the file to you.

As a first step I would try uninstalling and then installing the add-on to grab it again. If that fails drop me an email and I can email the file to you.
Thanks but I did try the Uninstall this failed.

I located the grain.bsmx and gladfield.bsmx files on my computer, double-click them to open in Beersmith.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 4.11.19 am.png

Then in the Gladfield list I select all, and Copy
Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 4.05.48 am.png

And Pasted into the grain.bsmx list

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 4.06.04 am.png

Then use the "Close" button top right and answer "Yes" to Save file

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 4.06.21 am.png

Thanks - that does help as it looks like they downloaded correctly to the temp location but for some reason did not install correctly. I will open a bug report on this and work to correct it in the next update.

Back