• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Update: BeerSmith 2 Build 40 Available

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
  I've posted BeerSmith 2 Build 40 (2.0.40) to the main download page here.

This is a recommended update for all users of BeerSmith 2 - as it contains over 30 fixes and enhancements for items that people wanted fixed immediately after the initial release such as boil off rate, water/grain ratios, BIAB profiles, and adding the Save As button back in.  The release notes are here.

Due to a bug in the version 38 and lower (including the initial release) this update will not show up when you click on the updates button - so you do need to go to the download page to grab the new version. 

To install it, simply download it and install it to the same Program Files or application directory as your BeerSmith 2 install.  Do not install it to your Documents directory, however, as that could overwrite your existing data.

I have a running list of all bugs/enhancements that I will continue to work off but I wanted to get the most important ones to you quickly in this release.

Happy brewing!

Brad

So just to verify, if we install to the same directory, recipes, custom equipment, etc will remain intact?

I keep getting an error message when attempting to install the BS2 Build 40.  How do I know if I am a Server 1, Server 2 or No Script type?  I tried it each way and the error message tells me that it cannot open a certain file and asks me to abort, retry or ignore.  Retry does nothing, ignore seems to install everything but this key file and of course abort prevents it from being installed.

I may not understand the computer I have well enough to do this.  And, of course, it is running Vista..... ::)

Hi,
  You can install it to the same Program Files or Applications (for the Mac) directory and it will not overwrite your data.

All of the data is in the Documents/BeerSmith2 directory if you want to back it up first.

I'm not sure why you would not be able to install BeerSmith 2 unless you have an old version of XP (some need an additional microsoft file).  Can you drop me an email and I will try to walk you through it.

Brad

Hi, If I purchased Beersmith two just a couple weeks ago, do I still need to do the update?

Back