• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

UPDATING MY STUFF

BILLY BREW

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
How would I get the latest information added to my system, such as added styles, yeasts, grains, etc.
Reason I bring this up is that I was trying to design a classic bitter, and noticed that it isn't listed in my style list.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
On the desktop version, go to File->Addons to download new ingredients, profiles and styles.

On the web version you can go to the various ingredient/profile views and click on "Manage Preloaded" to get new stuff.

I think in particular you want to grab the BJCP 2021 style guide which was published at the very end of last year. When you download the style guide you also need to open the Options->General dialog and select the new style guide (probably deselect the old one) so it will show the new one.

For ingredients and other add-ons you just select and download them to the various ingredient and profile views - no need to change options.
Perfect! Thanks. Now, so I can be a complete pain in the ass, how do I get my Delta AIO...
On the desktop version, go to File->Addons to download new ingredients, profiles and styles.

On the web version you can go to the various ingredient/profile views and click on "Manage Preloaded" to get new stuff.

I think in particular you want to grab the BJCP 2021 style guide which was published at the very end of last year. When you download the style guide you also need to open the Options->General dialog and select the new style guide (probably deselect the old one) so it will show the new one.

For ingredients and other add-ons you just select and download them to the various ingredient and profile views - no need to change options.

Upvote 0
I make a lot of recipes found on Ron Pattinson's website or from his books. I collected his blog articles and combed his books about 1800's recipes making notes about each style and created my own Victorian Era style guidelines. I have several Mild's and Scottish styles, a few Porters/Stouts but only one Bitter/Pale Ale. You can try it out if you'd like... Best Bitter is the Name and Custom (1800-1914) is what I called my Style Guide. I placed it in category 8C as a London Pale Ale.

If Interested I have guides named Custom Victorian (1837-1901)... Custom Wartime (1914-1946)... Custom Post War (1947-1965). The one attached is an outlier. It's the only one I have for that style and the era is broad because, as Ron would say, "I couldn't be arsed" to take the time to define it further.

Upvote 0

Perfect! Thanks. Now, so I can be a complete pain in the ass, how do I get my Delta AIO 10 gal system put in?

Thanks for the help!
Billy Brew

Upvote 0
Solution
Upvote 0
Yes - I was only suggesting that if you can find another all-in-one system that is the same size you can probably use their numbers and they will be very close. Also be sure to pick a BIAB mash profile when you go to mash.

Upvote 0
Back