• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Upstate New York just started extract brewing

nuggetmania

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello , I have been checking out this site for awhile and like what I read ; just started brewing using ingredient kit from BB , Red Ale . Followed to the letter and two stage ferment , bottled and sent to the cellar back in May at 65 degree`s ( a bit low yes ) but a nice long conditioning has gotten good reviews from all tasting it .
Got into this with all equipment from my son , he used to make wine , with all the carboys of various sizes etc .
Anyway a good retirement hobby and have Nugget Hops planted and starting to throw blossoms , we also keep bee`s so I`ll be trying those and honey in a brew shortly . Summer Ale is bottled and in the cellar as of yesterday , late yes but my timing was off and only 8 bottles of Red left ... Yikes !
Sorry to go on but this is a fun endeavor on so many levels .

Welcome, from Troy here, though its been a while, relocated down south.

Best hobby a man can have. ;D

Thanks BigBry68 for the welcome , looking to use some of the knowledge and advice I have seen here . Its an interesting site and although not my only hobby , certainly one of the tastiest ... 

Back