• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Using cloud on more pc's at the same time

Matthias1651

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We use the beersmith 3 app (pro license) at work (on windows).

We notice sometimes when the app is open at the same time on both computers we loose data (most of the time fermentation data, somethimes the hole recept is corrupted)
Is that something we have to avoid or are we making a mistake here?

We even want to expend the use with 3 mobile devices. Before we do that, we want to be shure how we have to use the cloud the right way :)

With kind regards
Matthias

If you are using the desktop version it is possible to have a recipe open on more than one computer and then have a recipe overwritten by an older version from the other computer when you close it. I'm going to correct this in the next update, but that is likely what is happening here.

If you are using the desktop version it is possible to have a recipe open on more than one computer and then have a recipe overwritten by an older version from the other computer when you close it. I'm going to correct this in the next update, but that is likely what is happening here.

And if we switch to using the browser app instead, same problem?

Actually if you use the web based version and you try to save a recipe over one that was changed it will give you a warning and give you the option to cancel. This is the method I will also be going to on the next version of the desktop.

Brad

Back