• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

View ingredients as primary and (secondary) weight units

altgeeky1

Apprentice
Reaction score
I see that I can enter inventory/ingredients using an arbitrary measurement, ex. "4oz" is valid even if that ingredient type is set to Pounds. Brilliant, thanks. Along these lines I have a different suggestion:

In our preferences, we can set a 'preferred measurement system' for each ingredient.

This feature request is to allow users to designate a SECONDARY measurement system.
Example #1: "Hops"           Ounces (grams)
Example #2: "Irish Moss"    Teaspoons (grams)
Example #3: "Crystal 20L"   Pounds (ounces)

The user could select their the 'secondary' weight system via the same interface that's used to select the (only) weigh system now.

Hi,
  So would the secondary system be settable by ingredient??

Brad

Yes, exactly.. by ingredient.

That would be like a second column in Units, so each item type has 1 pull-down each for Primary and for Secondary measurements.

Great idea ! Its not a huge thing but I'm always having to convert  0.16lb chocolate malt  into ounces when I take my shopping list to the brew shop. And I'm sure have the option to display 2 different units would be handy as well

I've thought of this, too.

My need would be for at the Homebrew shop.  Their scale is in oz. but they ring up the sale in metric pounds.  So for anything from the GRAIN section, this would be very helpful.

Back