• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water adjustments - "Calculate" button??

B

beerer

Hello!

I've been playing around with the water Profile tool in Beersmith and have a suggestion:

Whwn I input the values for my local water as Base Water and any other water as Target Water it would be extremely convenient to have a "Calculate Additions" button to have the program calculate how much of the different substances and if neccessary destilled water to add.

I understand it might be a complicated equation to put together, but if it is possible to implement in a future release that would be super cool!!

Hi,
  I started working on this some time ago but never finished.  You basically have to redo it as a multivariate minima equation and use something like the simplex algorithm to get the right numbers.

If anyone happens to have an Ops Research background, perhaps you could provide me with some of the math.  I pulled out some old textbooks to do it, but had trouble remembering all the details of formatting the equations properly to solve it (its been 20+ years since I took the course!).

Cheers,
Brad

Ok, i understand it must be a complicated equation. And I am clueless as to how to solve it myself ???

Will keep on doing that number inputing by trial and error, that works too :)

cheers,
beerer

Back