• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water calculations

W

wrz0170

I'm a new member of the Beersmith (1.4) family and I was wondering what the real world accuracy has been in the program as far as determining how many gallons are needed for the atypical mash and batch sparging process?  Provided that the program was set up correctly.  Along that vein, what are the necessary components in the program that need to be set up for accuracy?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome,
I find the program extremely accurate, my water calculations are now accurate to about +/-500ml into the fermenter. Equipment setup is probably the most important thing to get right initially, mash tun specifics being particularly important to get your mash temps right. Apart from that the program pretty much does it for you. Go here http://www.beersmith.com/equipment_setup.htm to learn how to setup your equipment.

Cheers
Andrew

don't sweat it. it will work. my biggest troubles now is trying to duplicate Munich water from local or distilled. brew and be happy.  ;D

Back