• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water profile

skiz0frenik

Apprentice
Reaction score
I setup a new water profile with some water additions added. Help seems to indicate that when I add this water profile to a recipe it should also prompt if I would like to add the water additions(gypsum, calcium...) also but I have not been able to get it to do this. Am I missing a step or is it not supposed to work this way?

I added some minerals to my profile, and then added profile to a recipe.  The minerals appeared as part of the profile within the recipe. 

See attached.  What result were you looking for?  I'm not positive what it is supposed to do - this may be the proper result.

Attachments

• Water.png
    Water.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 612
I was expecting to create a water profile and have it use 5 grams of calcium chloride per 5 gallons and then when I add that water profile to the recipe and under amount if I enter 4.25 gallons it would then calculate the calcium chloride to 4.25 grams and add it to the recipe the same as if you used "Add Misc" to add calcium chloride and chose 4.25 grams. That way it shows up on the Brew Steps print out as a water addition.

Yes is there a way to make it so it adds your salt additions to your ingredients list when you add your brewing water volumes.

so I add 6 gallons of mash water...and it adds the amounts of gypsum, calcium chloride, baking soda....etc... to reach my profile...

and then I add 3.35 gallons of Sparge water and it adds the amount of gypsum, calcium chloride, baking soda etc to reach my water profile

Beersmith 1.4 does this...

I had the same issue. I calculated the correct additions to take my Atlanta water to Edinburgh profile and then saved them to the target profile. In v1.4 if I added the target water profile it would add the appropriate amounts of water additions to the recipe too.

Is this something that is going to be fixed?  Since I build my water from Distilled, if it doesn't have this feature i will have to just keep using 1.4...

I can't seem to get the mineral additions to show up on the "Brew Sheet". The Water profile shows up in the Ingredients list, but not nothing on the brew sheet.

Sithdad said:
I can't seem to get the mineral additions to show up on the "Brew Sheet". The Water profile shows up in the Ingredients list, but not nothing on the brew sheet.

how do you get them to show up in the ingredient list?

To the right of your ingredient window there is a button for Add Water. Click that and add the water profile you are shooting for. That water profile goes into the ingredient list. The actual salts themselves does not. If you double-click on the water profile in the ingredient window you can see what salts to add.

ohh yeah I knew that...I thought you got the minerals to show up in the ingredient list..

Can someone let me know if this is something that is going to be fixed or not?

do you even get the problem?  haven't gotten a response from anyone..

Hi,
I will confirm this is a bug - when you add the water to the recipe it should prompt you to add the additions like it did in version 1.4.  I have this on my high priority list now and will fix it as soon as possible.

Brad

Thank You!  I knew I bought this for a reason  ;)  keep up the good work!

Back