• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What do you have fermenting?

T

ttreml3

I'm on a minor hiatus, but want to live vicariously through you all, so....
What do you have in carboys?
I've got a brown, an apple wine and a blueberry wine aging in secondary.

curiously,
t

I have an Imperial IPA in long-term conditioning, a Bastardized Belgian-American Pale Ale in long-term conditioning, a Classic American Pilsner just starting lagering, a Mango Ale going through second primary (just added the mangos), and a Single-Malt Pale Ale in primary.

Hope that helped with your dreaming!

I'm embarrased to say that I too have kegged my last batch and need to fire up the kettle to create another - perhaps this weekend!

Cheers!
Brad

Right Now I have:

Chimay Clone
Vienna Lager (at ale temp)

Tonight, a cheap old American Pale is on the flame.

An American Red Ale that I will bottle tomorrow.

An experimental Stout with licorice & brown sugar that hit the secondary on Saturday.

AND . . .

A German Light Pils is in the mash tun as I write will hit the fermenter in a few hours.

Wow... and a few months later
I've got a honey wheat on tap,
an ipa in secondary and dats it.

I have a Wit in the fermenter now and I'm leaning towards a fruit beer followed by some more Alt.

Cheers!
Brad

I have two pale ales in "extended" primary right now -- no time to transfer them, but I'll have to get to that tomorrow or Saturday. I also have to brew an Oktoberfest soon -- running out of time for that one.  :mad:

Well I have my very first batch of a pale ale in ferment.  I have finally started brewing, after many years of saying I was going to.

I can hardly wait.  I hope to bottle it early next week.

R

if it would stop raining here, every weekend its rain   :'(

well the next good one if im not working im going to make an IPA and a porter and after that a irish red ale and a pale ale.

I dont have a garage but this winter i am going to build an indoor brewery although i would rather be outside in the summer.

this year has been very wet

I've got an Apricot Pale Ale going into the secondary tonight, with a stout right on its heels.  I'm trying to dodge the beer police since my last keg went dry last night.  Ugggggh!  Gotta catch up!

My FIRST partial mash with 4 hop additions in a simulation of a nevada pale ale..very heavy 1.060 with a lot of suspended solids and a WYEAST ALE smack pack

Still fermenting after 6 days, this brew must have a lot of fermentables with just a pound of cracked wheat supplementing the LME

This whole bidness helps me  become familiar with mashing and hops schedules etc.

We'll see in a few weeks..I got a lot to learn

Yodar

I have 2 Bavarian wheat [diffrent brews] a thick stout with chocolate malt and corn syrup with a good yeast. I still use 30L drums and bottle my brews, I don't like kegs, I go "bush' a lot and like to take a cooler full of ice and bottles chilled.
Bye the way, my stout is 'to die for', smooth neck oil.
Bottled one today

I just finished a new IPA recipe that I found.... somewhere?.... huh, where did I get it from?

I have an Amber that I will bottle this weekend. I also used 1lb of flaked rye to make it interesting.  And all I had a was White labs SF Lager yeast.  Smelled and tasted great when I put it in secondary.

Next brew is going to be Bitter bald guy :p

IPA in the secondary, sitting on 2 ounces of hops.
Also blueberry mead bulk aging.

Not much in fermenting at the moment, just 5 gallons of Kolsch, but I am planning to brew two batches this weekend, 5 gallons of APA and 5 more of Altbier.  I do have 50 gallons in kegs though so I should be good for a while. :)

Back