• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What do you have fermenting?

5 gallons each:  1. Strawberry-Wheat (21), 2.  my Mississippi IPA ;D, oatmeal-chocolate stout, and Pinot Noir. ::)

Good time to respond again to this, as I have something worth note!
Primary: tripel and black beer
secondary: ipa and porter
kegged: ipa and wheat
wine: blueberry and pinot grigio aging.

sadly the apple wine in my first post didn't make it to bottles.

when I racked my Bitter that I was going to call Bitter bald guy (I am bald and some people say I am bitter or jaded, I take both as a copliment) I found that there was a dead bee in the primary.

2 questions.

1.  What do you think of the new name Buzz Kill Bitter.

2.  Do you think the beer will ok? It smells fine and tasted great and had fermented out well down to 1.012.

Any thoughts.

Don

Oh my!!!  I thought I was the only one slipping...I must get the HOLIDAY kegs going...Anyone have a GOOOOOD & tried  pilsner recipe????

A pilsner for the holidays??  If it Thanksgiving, your too late, for Christmas you might be OK but I usually like to let pilsners "age" for at least 2 mos.  If you want something a little easier and quicker to brew, try a Kolsch.  2-3 weeks into the keg and then a month to condition and it's ready to drink, most people will mistake it for a pilsner to.

...what has the inclinations toward a good ANCHOR STEAM CLONE, at least at the first taste test. ::)

Just this moring I transfered a Belgain Strong Golden ale to secondary.

OG was 1.080 and it fermented down to 1.008.

I gave it a sample and it has a STRONG alcohol presence.

Amazing what good temperature control in the mash will do for fermentability!

-L

Brewed an 80 well more like 90 shilling Scottish Export ale.  At 1.076 og its not quite an 80 schilling or a wee heavy.  I brewed last night.

I hit everything right on, temp and volume.  Smelled and tasted great gong into fermenter.  I cannot wait.

Don

I just brewed 10 gallons of Dortmunder Export.
I have a Nut Brown in secondary now and just kegged 10 gallons of Hefe.

This is brewing season in Las Vegas, the heat is gone so it is 2 -3 batches a week for a month or so ;)

Next up, and this goes completly by yeast expirations.
Trippel, Saison, Czech Pils, then some scottish 80 or maybe a wee heavy,.

I love this time of year...... ;D  

I just put a Wee Heavy in glass today.  I don't know if I can wait for this to finish.

Don

I'll be brewing a Leffe Blonde clone tonight. This has been on my "to do" list since January :eek:

I have an APA fermenting currently, brewed on Saturday.

C&B
Mark

I brewed a 'Czech Pilsner' style yesterday to hopefully be ready for Xmas - cutting it fine... - and brewed an Amber Ale style last weekend. Racked the Amber this morning and it is tasting good...

Shawn.

I have a kolsch lagering in the fridge, smelled and tasted GREAT when I racked it to the secondary.

I've got a wheat in secondary and a Bavarian Lager in primary, but I just got 4 new kegs yesterday and had 2 more blow on me last night while watching the election returns, so I now have 7 empty kegs.  Looks like I'll be brewing this weekend!

I have
-a brown ale that I will bottle tonight (or tomorrow)
-a melomel (tropical fruit and local honey)
-a beet wine
-a maple wine
-a melon wine

And I should have had a nut brown ale today if my homebrew shop wasn't closed yesterday for election day :mad:.

Back