• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What genius started BeerSmith?!

EPICJD

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm a relatively new homebrewer going on batch #10!  I'm also a Mech. Engineer and I have to say this software is an amazing tool...and cheep!  We pay top dollar for this level of programming in my industry.  Cheers!  BTW im new to the forum!

Epic

SSHHHHHH!!!!

He was kidding Brad!

I was wondering if this was some kind of joke ;)  I'm glad you enjoy it and thank you for the kind words.

Believe it or not - I'm still running a one man shop even with the podcast, blog, book, newsletter, BrewPoll and BrewWiki (oh - and I'm spending about 50 hours a week programming the next version).  I'm always happy to hear that people are enjoying it and able to make use of the software and information I provide.  It makes up for the occasional terse email I get from someone having problems.

Happy Brewing,

Brad

EPICJD said:
I'm a relatively new homebrewer going on batch #10!  I'm also a Mech. Engineer and I have to say this software is an amazing tool...and cheep!  We pay top dollar for this level of programming in my industry.  Cheers!  BTW im new to the forum!

Epic

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...Beersmith!  ;D

I'm not saying you should raise the price  ;D...Yet...I still need to purchase the full version (which I will be doing in a few minutes).  I'd be happy to be a beta user as well once you're ready to test the release!

Are you kidding Brad?

Beersmith is BY FAR the best software out there for our passion of home/craft brewing. Otherwise your website/forums wouldn't be as popular as they are. Yes your one man shop has a following. I am sure everyone here feels the same.

I for one, am on (at least browsing) several times a day.
I wouldn't think about designing a beer and then brewing it without BS.
In fact BS has enabled me to "think outside the box" (and I hate that saying - way overused).
And I am especially grateful that you do all you do and provide a product like this for a reasonable price.
Do I enjoy and use Beersmith? You bet I do! I have been brewing for thirty years (roughly), and despite the very few issues with Beersmith .... I find it a great piece of work! VERY valuable!

I would probably purchase BS for a lot more money, but very glad I don't have to.
Looking forward very much to ver 2!

All us devoted users need to get one additional friend to buy, before Brad gets the big head.  ;)

Back