• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What's brewing guys?

His Dudeness

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I don't know if we need to introduce ourselves, but still, I'll do it and try to be succinct.

I'm new to the forum but not new to Beersmith.
I love, this software, it's pretty easy to handle and it's the best brewing tool I've find for homebrewers.

I live in Montréal, in Québec, where we have a little but really neat & lively microbrewery scene.

I love to brew classical english ale and weird over the top american interpretations (Martyn Cornell and Sam Calagione are cool dudes).  Belgian yeasts makes me want to puke when it's not shadowed by lactobacillus (hmm lambiks) or lot of kilned malts, and lagers are way too much "trouble" for me.  Also I'm a hophead in perpetual gluttonous hop craving. 
I've been homebrewing for three years (two years all-grain), and it's been only a few months since I'm satisfied of my brews.
I brew 6 gallons batch, and I've stopped bottling since I've discover the awesomeness and joy of kegerator and growlers.

If you read it so far, have a great day.

Seeking Shelter from the Storm...you might know it as A L’Abri de la Tempête.  Correct me if my translation is wrong.  Do they have distribution in Montreal?  How about Gahan House?

Yes you can À l'Abri de la Tempête in most specialized microbrewery stores.
I really like their herring-smoked barley wine, the IPA with salty seaweeds & the Ice Scotch Ale. 
Maybe it's not seeking.  It's more like, Sheltering from the Storm.

I don't know Gahan House, I've never saw their products in Québec beer festivals or brewpubs.  It's a shame.  They're neighbors!
If I happens to pass by Prince Edward Island, I'll go there for sure.

Gahan's 1772 IPA is a staple of my diet when visiting.  Was planning on Sheltering from the Storm last summer but this big Bluefin Tuna got in the way.  Next summer for sure. 

Nice!  I've never been to Îles-de-la-Madeleine, but everybody I know who've been there are in love with those islands.
I'll try for sure the Gahan IPA whenever I'll see it.

Thanks Robby!
Better washing, salubrity, water chemistry (the water in my area is poor for brewing the types of beer I enjoy) and mash techniques (batch sparge for my cooler tun) helped a lot.  And of course, Brewers Publications books.

Back