• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What's coming and when

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hello Brad,

Any chance we can get some insight into what new features/functionality are coming and when we might expect them?

Thanks in advance
Rick

Yes, will there be a release soon and what will it contain? It's fair to ask this question and get an answer a year after the last one.

Merry Christmas from Norway

Tore G

Is it fair to ask with the New BJCP guide being released if an update will be provided that is in line with this major revision from the 2008 BJCP guidelines? It's my understanding that starting in June of this year they will begin judging with these standards. :)

I bet the mobile thing burned him out. There hasn't been any talk of updates for desktop in quite some time.

domainebell said:
Is it fair to ask with the New BJCP guide being released if an update will be provided

With the new release? No, it's pretty much not fair. The BJCP guidelines are produced independently of BeerSmith. They are in an internal revision and review process as of this date.

Sorry to sound harsh and like a jerk, but updates like that are a response to an independent organization. So, unless there is someone already working on a Beer XML update, it'll take time to get that data updated, once the new guidelines are released.

How fast? It'll depend on their typing speed.  ;)

Regarding the BJCP updates - I have been asked by the BJCP not to publish the new style guide until the BJCP goes final.  I don't know when BJCP will publish the final version but I'm hoping to have the update out shortly after that.

Regarding updates to the desktop version, I'm programming again now.  I just finished some HD screen support fixes (released in beta) for Windows and I have a pretty substantial list of items I would like to fix and add in the next desktop update.  I would prefer to wait before publishing them as I'm not sure at this point exactly how many will make it in.  At the moment I'm focusing on some known bugs first, but will be adding new features as well. 

A few areas of focus include adding some mash pH tools, improving the inventory  handling, and adding more cloud synch features.

Back