• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

WHO IS BREWING WHAT????

BILLY BREW

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Having recently become one of the nations great unwashed (unemployed) I have turned my sights on building up my brew cellar.
So far in the past 4 weeks I have done;
Barley Wine
Pumpkin Barley wine
Pumpkin Ale
(I had lots of pie pumpkins from the garden this year)
ESB
Golden
Gingered Ale
Porter
Who says unemployed people don't contribute to the economy?  :D
It's cold and it's gray...so what are you making to fill those days? Remember Spring is just 5 months away!

Gingerbread Stout (just bottled)
Exotic IPA (in primary)
--- Next In Queue ---
Burton Ale
Capt'n Smith Rye
Juniper Rye Bock

I'm sorry to hear that Billy Brew :(

Here in Oslo it's also cold and grey at the moment with less daylight. Most probably snow will come mid December or around Christmas so that everything is getting less dark outside.
To fill the weekends in the end of October and in November I brewed:
- Belgian Blonde (yesterday)
- Fjelløl (Mountain Beer - Last weekend)
- Tripel (3 weekends ago)
- Julebrygg (Christmas Beer - 4 weekends ago)
- Pilsner (5 weekends ago)

I'm considering to brew a batch next weekend or the weekend after, but have not decided yet type or style of beer :-\ Suggestions for a winter type of beer, anyone?

R, Slurk

I have a Blackstone Maris Otter clone in secondary right now and am looking to brew my first parti gyle coming soon.  I've been playing with the numbers for a couple of weeks now.  Looks like an English Barleywine with the first runnings and an Amber ale with the second runnings.  I'm planning on capping the grains (adding about 5 lbs Pale Malt) to get my gravity where I want it during the second mash.  Super Excited!

I just did 10 gallons of Belgian Strong that went onto 1.5 gallons of Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon pumice.  This is part of a barrel project for our homebrew club.  We're making the Belgian Strong and a Russian Imperial Stout.  We have 10 brewers involved and will be blending the two beers 50/50 into a 53 gallon bourbon barrel for extended aging.

Next up is another barrell project with the club.  We're going to have 12 brewers making 95 gallons of a Belgian Saison that will go into a 59 gallon Pinot Noir barrell for extended aging.

I am drinking:

English style ESB
Dark winter warmer

Fermenting:

Nice hoppy lager
Brown ale

Scott Ickes said:
I just did 10 gallons of Belgian Strong that went onto 1.5 gallons of Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon pumice.  This is part of a barrel project for our homebrew club.  We're making the Belgian Strong and a Russian Imperial Stout.  We have 10 brewers involved and will be blending the two beers 50/50 into a 53 gallon bourbon barrel for extended aging.

Next up is another barrell project with the club.  We're going to have 12 brewers making 95 gallons of a Belgian Saison that will go into a 59 gallon Pinot Noir barrell for extended aging.

WOW!!!!

Oops.  We're making 65 gallons of Belgian Saison for the 59 gallon barrel of Pinot Noir barrel.  My bad!  I have photos of the first brew day at my house.  I'll post them when I get a chance.

Found a benifit for being unemployed...
Now I am up to
Barley Wine
Pumpkin Barley Wine
Blueberry Brown Ale
Blueberry ESB (we got a lot of berries in Michigan this summer
Ginger Ale
Sweet Porter
Light Rye
Toasted Blonde Ale
I'M RUNNIN OUT OF ROOM IN MY BREW ROOM! And I couldn't be happier!
Next week I think a nice Belgium Dubbel and possibly a Dorty
Just finishing my Barley wine from last year and a high AVB Pumpkin Ale. They were good to the last drop!

got a high gravity chocolate porter going. used a jar of chocolate nibbs I got from More Beer, original sample tasted good.

I have to do a American light lager next, I know I know but I have a few friends that only drink them.

I went to my Lager closet and tasted s barley wine I made last year, it has come into being and will be a great thing around the Xmas tree this year.

Just brewed my first 2 all grain batches.

The first is based on a California Common that I used Ray Daniels "Designing Great Beers" as a guideline. Hoping it turns out good.  My efficiency was off a bit and my OG was a couple of points under, but after a week in the primary it tastes pretty good!

My second is an IPA that I used BeerSmith to design the recipe.  Adjusted my BHE, so the numbers came out pretty much right on.  Other than getting a lot of cold break in to the fermenter, and I brewed yesterday in the middle of an ice storm (I'll have to use the storm when figuring out a name for it)...it was a pretty good session!

-Dan

Back