• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Wort Chiller ingredient

Beer_Tigger

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Don't know how many others already thought of this, but it was an "Ah-ha!" moment for me.  I created a new "Misc" ingredient for my wort chiller so I don't forget to put it in the kettle for the last 5 mins to sanitize it.  Now I just add it to my recipe like I do the Irish Moss.

Yep, and "Sanitize Spoon" so the long spoon is clean and I remember to put it in the boil at 5 minutes so it's boiled before cutting off gas.  After chilling, I pull the chiller out and leave spoon there to do a quick whirlpool before letting it settle. 

Same for me here: flushing my plate chiller with 2-3L boiling wort to sterilize it (and put the wort back in the boil for the last couple of minutes).

I do a similar thing with mash profiles. 

I add mash steps to take ph measurements, and start heating my sparge water. 

Me Too, I do this with my Tax free limit, 200L =Free of Tax or 20L = 1 Unit and I have 10 units to spend in a year  ;-)

Back