• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Would you use an automatic beer dispenser

beer_machine

New Forum Member
Reaction score
For our senior design project for a BS in Mechanical Engineering we are designing an automatic beer pouring machine.  We are conducting market research for if we hypothetically produced such a machine would people want to buy it.  We are interested in input from restaurants, bars and home brewers.  You would place a glass in the dispenser and walk away to come back seconds later to find your glass filled.  The machine would have sensors to determine the volume to dispense and to control foaming.  Please fill out this brief survey, Thanks :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QY9QYRF

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    82.4 KB · Views: 717
Having spent many years on both sides of a bar, I believe "the pour" creates a bond between barkeep and punter. It's as much a part of the drinking ritual as clinking glasses. It starts the conversation, a conversation we've been having for 10,000 years. Beer gave us civilization and continues to civilize us. Automation doesn't aid in that.

However, if I owned a big restaurant or chain of restaurants that served hundreds of beers each evening and patrons never saw or cared about how their beer got in their glass ... sure, I'd try it out. But that's the world of InBev and Carlsberg and I think many of the folks on this forum are here to escape that world. If you're looking for positive feedback for your machine, I don't know if this is where you'll find it.

Back