• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Yeast Starter - Viability Percentage Not Working

dongordon

Apprentice
Reaction score
In the Yeast Starter tab for a given recipe, the Yeast Viability calculator/estimator does not seem to be working.  For a yeast with a manufacturing date of 5.17.11, it says the viability is 96%.  On the Yeast Starter Tool the viability is calculated at 76.44%.  Mr Malty also calculates the viability as 76% for the same date.

Would you please fix the viability calculation in the Yeast Starter tab for a given recipe?  I want to make sure it calculates the correct size starter needed.  Thanks!

Check your brew date on the recipe design tab, the viability calculator takes this date into account as well.

Hopfrog - you are a genius.  I had the brew date set to 1/1/2011, what I do before I actually brew - I keep a record of recipes and batches, the later gets the really brew date.  Once I set the brew date to today, the Yeast Viability calculation works correctly.

Thanks !!!!!  :)

Back