• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Remove from inventory--not working?

cmbrougham

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I'm sure I used the "Remove from Inventory" command before to decrease the amount of ingredients I had logged in the program with a recipe I brewed a couple weeks ago. Now, however, it seems that I can't select the command. I select the recipe I brewed in Recipe View, and go to the Actions menu, but "Remove from Inventory" is grayed out. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,
 I'm not sure why I did this (probably was trying to minimize the number of buttons on the toolbar or something) but the "Remove from inventory" only works if you first OPEN the recipe by double clicking on it...

If you open the recipe first, the command will be on the toolbar and you can freely use it.  It is only greyed out from the main "My Recipes" view.

I just added this to my "to do" list as well.

Cheers!
Brad

:-[ That did it. I honestly don't know how I found that the first time, but missed it this time around. That's what happens when you read the directions!  ;D

Thanks for the help!

I can remove an item from inventory. The problem is for instance say I have 5 tsp of irish moss in my inventory, and I use .25 tsp for a recipe it stays at 5 tsp in the inventory or if I select remove from inventory it deletes all 5 tsp and shows me with 0. The thing is I am not sure if it is a bug or if I am do(or not doing) something that needs to be done for this to go from 5 tsp to 4.75 tsp in this example. Thanks

Jeff

You know, I've noticed that the same thing happens with Whirlfloc tablets. I can have and number of them in inventory, use one in a brew session, and then when I hit the "Remove from Inventory" button, it eliminates all of them. Maybe it's something with the whole "Miscellaneous" category?

Colin,
 Yes - that was a separate problem affecting MISC ingredients.

It has also been corrected.  I'm finishing up the XML export and a system that will allow for different report formats as well as custom reports now (XML, Text, HTML).

The next large feature is to clean up and test the XML import and then I should be in a position to begin beta testing.

Cheers!
Brad

Back