• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fridge Faucets

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding some nice faucets to my beer fridge.  I want a reliable, low maintenance system so I'm leaning towards an all stainless forward seal faucet - which basically leads to one of three possibilities:
  - Perlick stainless forward seal
  - Shirron (Vent-Matic clone)
  - True Vent-matic (hard to find, but a few can be located - Ventmatic is not currently shipping them)

Which would you recommend?

Also - does anyone have a particularly good price - either on the faucets or on the complete set (faucet, nipple shank and handle)?

Cheers!
Brad

First of all a comment.

No homebrewer should ever, repeat EVER use anything but a forward seal faucet for their day-to-day faucets.  If you want a setup for a party, that is only used for short periods of time then is cleaned and put away it doesn't make a difference.

I went with perlicks from superior products superprod.com
The others would stick hard enough to break a handle.

Fred

Thanks Fred!

All three of the ones I'm looking at are forward seal faucets.  Basically it comes down to Perlicks or Vent-Matic (the Shirrons are Vent-Matic clones made under license from Vent Matic).  After more research I found that some people have a slight preference for the Vent Matic as it is less prone to leaks from an incomplete shutoff, but I was wondering if anyone out there had tried both?

Thanks,
Brad

Back