Author Topic: How to brew by John Palmer  (Read 4702 times)

Offline mthomebrew

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • I love beer
How to brew by John Palmer
« on: February 04, 2014, 01:39:51 PM »
Just received this book from Amazon and wow! I am blown away by the amount of information it contains. I'm pretty sure this is the last book on brewing I will ever need. I'm really excited to dive in and soak up all of the info. Any other books you guys have come across that would be a good addition to my brewing library?

Offline drb1215

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: How to brew by John Palmer
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »
Hi - Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels is a good book to add to your collection.  I have found it very helpful when creating my own recipes based on classic styles. Also, it gives a bit of history of each style that is fun to read.

Best of luck with your brewing!
-Dan

Offline Maine Homebrewer

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:08:56 PM »
I got started with Charlie Papazian's The Complete Joy of Homebrewing, and once I went all grain I purchased The Homebrewer's Companion by the same author.

"To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!" -Homer Simpson

Offline texasdan

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »
Other than Designing Great Beers, which is on my wish list, I have all three of the others.  If you intend to do many lagers, Brewing Lager Beer by Gregory J. Noonan might not be a bad choice either.
Next Up: 
Fermenting: None
Lagering:     
Conditioning: #46-Special Helles
Drinking:       #45-Klosterbier, #44-Honey Ginger Lager, #43-Oktoberfest, #42-Festbier, #40 Ayinger Style Jahrhundertbier Hell, #41-Klosterbier

modification