• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to brew by John Palmer

mthomebrew

Brewer
Reaction score
Just received this book from Amazon and wow! I am blown away by the amount of information it contains. I'm pretty sure this is the last book on brewing I will ever need. I'm really excited to dive in and soak up all of the info. Any other books you guys have come across that would be a good addition to my brewing library?

Hi - Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels is a good book to add to your collection.  I have found it very helpful when creating my own recipes based on classic styles. Also, it gives a bit of history of each style that is fun to read.

Best of luck with your brewing!
-Dan

I got started with Charlie Papazian's The Complete Joy of Homebrewing, and once I went all grain I purchased The Homebrewer's Companion by the same author.

Other than Designing Great Beers, which is on my wish list, I have all three of the others.  If you intend to do many lagers, Brewing Lager Beer by Gregory J. Noonan might not be a bad choice either.

Back