• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

FastRacks for Drying Empty Bottles

FastRackCrew

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys - what do you think of our new product called FastRack!

They are used for drying and racking empty bottles - we're taking over the Bottle Tree!!

http://www.thefastrack.ca/main/homebrewer

Instead of advertising the product, how about someone write a review?

I love them! 

Once my bottles are sanitized, I put them in and they drain nicely, as I'm bottling.  Once I've bottled and capped, I then rinse the outside of my filled bottles under warm tap water to get any stickiness removed and stack them in the racks and let them drip dry.

I have two of them.  They don't take up as much space as a bottle tree.  I didn't like the idea of a bottle tree, because you had to sanitize it, since the stem goes up inside of the bottle.  Sanitizing a bottle tree didn't seem like it would be very easy.

With the racks, I just clean them and then dunk them down into a bucket of starsan water and their sanitized.  Simple design.  I don't have the tray that goes under it, but I don't need it.  I have a rolling cart that I put a towel on and put my racks on top of that.

Used this product at last bottling session , made things easier for us . I had all bottles washed and sanitized and put in Fast Rack to air dry before my helper ( wife ) got home .
Good heavy duty racks and tray should last a long time and we have shown this to some folks that gave up brewing as they had a hard time with bottles ... think we may have cranked them back up to brew lol.
I just rack from second stage to the bottling bucket and set the Fast Rack in front of the wife and she is off and running ...er , bottling !

LOL not at the "keg " stage yet , still a bottle baby taking small but enjoyable steps ! ;)

You're a lucky man, nugget... my wife hates helping me bottle.  Thankfully the beergun is a pretty easy one man operation.  Ditto Maine, KEGS.

They look a bit unstable when stacking, nugget any comments on that?

Not at all unstable , well with the two that I use , they are pretty heavy duty and lock together , easy to carry from one place to the next ! Just the tendency to be a little slippery when wet of course the Star san makes everything slippery until it dries .
Yupper she is a good gal , she shows interest in all my hobbies , but this one is her fault as she got me started .
We popped open a week in the bottle Summer Ale last night and my Red Ale is about gone . Going to pick up the pumpkin ale tonight and get it in the fermenter tomorrow . I will be moving away from the kits this fall as my Nugget hops are doing real well and we have bee hives so I want to try a small batch of something using those ingredients , but I digress ... Yes for someone just starting (like myself ) out the Fast Rack is a time and trouble saver and not all that expensive . 

Maine Homebrewer said:
I just picked up two used kegs at my LBHS to go with the chest freezer I got off of craiglist, so I'm on the road to kegging.  I'm going to do a Keezer Build thread as I progress through it.  I'm going to build a 5 tap coffin style keezer.  I have to do it in stages because of financial restraints, so the thread will be going for a while.

Now, what do I do with 1000 bottles?  I'll keep a decent supply of them for competitions, brew club meetings, etc.  I just don't think I need 1000 of them.  I'll probably donate them to the "new" brewers in our club.

I've been trying to do a better job of bottling at least a few from each keg for variety and special occasions, so IMO keeping the capper is key.

I just kegged my first two batches.  I still bottled 6 of each.  I used corn sugar in the kegs, since they won't be tapped for a while.  It's a good thing I used the Beersmith carbonation tool.  I didn't realize that the amount of corn sugar for kegs was different than it is for bottles. 

Now I just need to get the keezer project going, so that I can get the kegs on tap.

I often make a 23 litre batch and put 9 liters into a half size keg and the rest into bottles.

Back