• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Why no Rahr Malting Grain in system/inventory?

mmmooretx

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have downloaded most of the grains but still cannot find RAHR Malting Co. grains.  How do I add them to my inventory?  I just bought 50 lbs of their premium Pilsen Malt and cannot figure out how to add it, with details to my inventory.
Mike.

This is all that I could find on it:

Great all around lager malt that can be used for American style Lagers and Pilsners and does a great job on European Lagers and Pilsners.

Rahr Premium Pilsner
Moisture 4.0% Maximum
Color 1.5 - 2.0L
Protein Total 11.0 ± 0.5
Extract FG 80.0 Minimum
Usage Rate up to 100%

What I do when something isn't listed is I open up my grains list under the ingredients tab and copy one of the similar ingredients and then open one of my two copies up and make the changes, so that it matches the profile for my new grain ingredient.  In this case, you'd also rename it Rahr Premium Pilsner Malt also, so that you have it under it's proper name.

Scott,
Thanks for the work around to get the data in.  The only data I could not find was the potential.  Data from the tag is below:

Moisture - 4.1
Extract, fine ground basis - 80.9
Color - 2.05
Diastatic power - 140
Alpha amalase - 66
Total Malt protein - 12.18
Soluable protein - 5.03
Beta-Glucan - 99.4
Coarse-Fine - 1.6

Here is what I use for Rahr for pale, wheat and pils.

Mark

Attachments

• Rahr.bsmx
    3.7 KB · Views: 458
Back