• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

kegging questions

OzarkBrewer

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure I'm approaching things correctly here.  The 5 gal. A.P.A. and 5 gal. I.P.A. all grain batches I brewed on Jan. 18th are ready to move to the soda kegs.  I never have done this before.  Here's where I'm at:  I just poured approx. 2 oz. of PBW in each keg and filled with hot water.  They've now been soaking for an hour or so.  I shook them and turned them over. I'm thinking I will empty them and then force what's left of the PBW mix out with some C02 and then transfer the beer.  Sound right so far?

It's around 38 degrees in my garage right now and probably won't get much above 40 - 45 during the day.  I was thinking about just leaving the kegs hooked up to the C02 at garage temp instead of firing up the kegorator...until the temp. out there goes up and of coarse until I'm ready to drink them!

Am I on tract here?  Missing anything?  Open for suggestions or even a new or better approach here.  Thanks!

I think you should rinse them out with starsan solution after the PBW cleaning.  PBW is a cleaner, not a sanitizer.  They need sanitized before filling them with beer.

Back