• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Still looking for that beer to brew till the day I die

Hi Bay13, the recipes look good, where were you when I was extract brewing all those years ago, I could have used those recipes easily ;D. Only one comment, your Alt needs some Spalt hops to give it that authentic taste, they will make a huge difference.

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the advice.
Is the Spat used for flavour? How much is to much/little?
What about the Dortmunder, I have tried DAB and HANSA PILS. DAB has a floral sweet flavour while HANSA tastes as though as it has a wheat component in it (Thank god your here Dan Murphy!) I much prefer the DAB
The use of Hallertauer hops in the Dortmunder to flavour was a big mistake to spicy. And after doing some reading on this style I fond out that it origins are found in pilsner styles.
>>>  http://www.answers.com/topic/dortmunder-export
So to add that sweet floral flavour I'll try some Saaz hops next time.
At the moment this is what I'm struggling with Aroma, Flavour. Do you know anywhere on the web that goes into detail on this subject?

How's Bundy?
It's raining here in MARIAN justout side of MACKAY

BAY13

Back