• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cheers, everyone!

Yeasty

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Realized I never posted an intro, thought it might be civil.
I'm out in Ft Collins, but spent the last year in Portland, OR, and I'm happy to say, I don't miss the beer. Odell, New Belgium, Coopersmiths and the other breweries in town, Avery down the way, plenty to keep my "research" well-supplied. 8)
I've only done one batch with extract, steeping some grains for a porter that was so well-received I was instantly hooked. Got a mash tun and turkey fryer with 7.5g SS pot, and it was all downhill. 13.5 cu ft kegorator in the garage with three forward-seals and two more on the way, working on building a bar around it. I love playing with yeast harvesting and ranching. My favorite styles to drink and brew are most anything English and most anything Belgian. I've made a number of lagers that came out ok, the most recent being a pumpkin bock (should post that recipe) that has gone over pretty well at the season's festivities.
When I moved back to CO, there was no homebrew club, so with the help of a few dedicated brewers I started Liquid Poets, and now finishing its first year we have over 55 members, three oak casks, a communal beer gun, an annual summer and winter club-only party, a fresh-hop group brew-in, drafting our first-annual AHA comp for the spring, planning to serve at the AHA conference... so many things. Next year I'm stepping back to VP, which is a relief, and hope to get even more brewing done than this year.
I've been hooked on BeerSmith since I first got it a couple years ago. If there's ever a holocaust and my computer goes... my beer will suffer!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks Brad.

Back