• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Deleting a water profile

CharlestonBrewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
Once you've created a water profile, how do delete it? Using the delete key and right clicking on it does nothing. I have 2 water profiles that need to be deleted from the list.

Is there a toolbar button or one on the far right?  That's always been my (slight) disappointment in the program that the context menus are not set up.  Some people are right mouse button users and some aren't.  I don't think Brad is one.

No toolbar on the right at all. I see no way of deleting a water profile.

The problem I have is early on I was playing with my water profile in the program and saved 2 copies of it in the list.

Well now I have my actual full water report and I would like to delete the non-useful ones from the list so that it isn't confusing. Besides they just don't need to be there.

I was able to create three identical water profiles and delete them through Ingredients > Water > [highlight profile] then either right click/delete or use the delete button.  However, in each case I changed the name of the profile so they were not exact duplicates.

If you are trying to delete through the Add Water or Substitute Ingredient buttons, deleting is not available.

I did sort of replicate the issue by opening BeerSmith via documents/BeerSmith2/water.bsmx. Deleting the duplicate profiles in that view was ineffective as they returned when I opened BeerSmith normally.

Have you tried deleting any other ingredients, like malt or hops? If you have a similar issue there, I would suggest reinstalling BeerSmith. It may just be that something became disengaged.

The suggestion you gave for going through the Ingredients > Water did the trick.

Thanks it's much appreciated.

Back