• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Windows Phone App

Third!
I would love a brewing app with timers that I can count on to actually work when I'm brewing. I keep hearing that it is hard to build a Windows Phone app, but now I'm hearing that the gates have opened to allow anyone to design simple apps. BeerSmith wouldn't be simple, but I've heard the conversion from Android isn't the pain it once was.

Try brewtoad.com. It works on any device, it still has most of the features of Beersmith, and they seem committed to improving it. It also makes it very easy to share recipes.

To say it has most of the features of beersmith would be wrong. You probably mean "most of the features that I use in beersmith". I havn't used brewtoad much, but it really hasn't changed much in a year it seems.

I used Brewtoad before it had that name. I switched to Beersmith so I would be able to use the program offline and because of the excellent support history.
Brewtoad is available on any device and that is a huge benefit, though. Beersmith really needs to offer some additional apps or features to the recipe site, which is available on all devices.

From my experience, the brewtoad isn't nowhere near to functions from beersmith (or others brewing webs). If you want something based on the web, you can look at brewersfriend.com, which I'm using along with beersmith, or mybrewco.com (this hasn't been updated for the half-year). Maybe beersmith could extend the sharing functionality but I would like to see more important features/bugs implemented first.

Back