• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ability to Remove Date from Recipie

blackcows

Brewer
Reaction score
I would like to be able to remove the brewed date from the recipie as I don't see how this field relates to the recipie but more so to the brewlog.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Beersmith uses the brewed date field for calculating bottle conditioning, aging in secondary ect. I find it a great feature, a simple glance at the recipe shows me when a beer I bottled a few weeks ago is ready to drink. If I didn't have that on my brewsheet I would lose track of which brews were ready to drink :-\.

Cheers
Andrew

I agree that the date is an extremly important feature in the brewlog but my suggestion was the ability to remove it from a recipie.  I am not sure if I am using the program correctly but I have two folders under "My Recipies", one is "Blackcows Recipies" and "Brewlog" (blackcows is the name I have given my brewery).  Blackcows recipies contains recipies that I may or may not have brewed or may have brewed on more than one occasion therfore the brew date is not relavent.  In the Brewlog folder I have a log of each brew that I have made and in that section the brew date is very important.  Even just the ability to make the date "no date" would be great.

Mike

I do something similar, but the date is somewhat irrelavent and its presence is not in my way.  What I do is leave the recipe as is and make a copy each time I brew it because there are usually some changes like one ingredient wasn't the same as last time (hops for instance may change their IBU value).  I also make each recipie's name begin with a number so I can track which one was brewed first.  03 Better Pale Ale, and then later 014 Better Pale Ale.

I agree the date seems unimportant on the recipe log but extreemly important on brew log.  I like to play around with recipes and download recipes.  I noticed that they were all posting to my calander which really cluttered it up.  I only want to see items I actually brew on my calander not every recipe I conjour up.  Any ideas?  Now I just set the date on the recipe with a year of 1900.  That keeps recipes off my current brew calander.

mhalverson said:
I agree the date seems unimportant on the recipe log but extreemly important on brew log.  I like to play around with recipes and download recipes.  I noticed that they were all posting to my calander which really cluttered it up.  I only want to see items I actually brew on my calander not every recipe I conjour up.  Any ideas?  Now I just set the date on the recipe with a year of 1900.  That keeps recipes off my current brew calander.

Set your calender to only show recipes from the brewlog, only copy recipes to the brewlog after you've brewed them, or if you want the calender to show future brews add them to the brewlog once you've decided the date you plan on brewing.
It's on the front page of the options.

Back