• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Multiple hop additions

grathan

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
A lot of times a recipe will use the same variety of hop at different times throughout the boil. Instead of making the user click 'add hops' , scroll to the same hop 5 x  there could be spots for multiple addition times on the Add Hops dialog box or even a copy button on the main recipe screen.

+1 that actually is a good idea, even though I don't have that many additions typically.  I think with the hop-craziness of most Americans, it would be efficient.  Now instead of "triple hopped", you could make "quadruple hopped" beer with 1 dialog box.

Even a simple Pilsener recipe from Noonan's Lager book has Saaz for 5 additions. 

Which brings up another thought about Beersmith... How come I can't put HBU in the recipe for hops?

I'd like to try the same recipe with Cluster Hops and then maybe another variety later on. Instead of Having HBU listed in the recipe screen, I now to either go find the Lager Book or get a calculator out and convert the %3.75AA Saaz back to HBU and then convert the new variety for each of the hops additions. Be nice if there was a display IBU as HBU option for the hops. And also really nice if it worked for inputting hops as well.

Back