• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Ohio

McgillaBrew

Apprentice
Reaction score
I guess you can say I'm new to brewing.  I've made 4 batches from December 2012 to June 2013, all bottled and haven't brewed again until this past weekend.  Now that I'm starting things back up, my bottles are going to disappear and the replacement is 5 gallon kegs.  I'll actually post my first question about this soon.

In those 4 batches, 3 Fat Tire clones and a dunkelweizen.  I was happy with all 4 other than bottling day.  Though while drinking through each batch the Dunkleweizen remained pretty steady for taste but the Fat Tires seemed to change, even within the batch. 

My last brew, a red ale.  Not completely traditional Irish Red, but some slight mods.  First sip of the wort was very nice and I can't wait to try it when it's ready.

So, A relative newbie.. Partial Mash setup.. Starting to keg.

Ed

It is possible fermentation was not completed if the flavor changed from bottle to bottle over time. If it was a flavor change from bottle to bottle that you drank the same night you probably had some sort of issue in bottling.

Back