• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Measurement units

bgbrewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I would like to have a dropdown menu that I can choose with measurement (oz or pounds)to use when I am adding grains to a recipe. It would make it easier than that you have to go to options and change the unit. This way I can do the base grain in lbs and the special grains in ounces.

Albert

Albert,
  If you type the units after the number in just about any field it will automatically convert it for you.  For example if you put "12 oz" into a field that normally accepts pounds, it will convert it for you.  It even works with metric - "2.2 kg" will be converted to your current default units if you type it in.

Brad

This works well for entering a recipe, but when you go to get ingredients from the LHBS, this makes things rather difficult because it is either displaying one of the specified preferences. This is especially true in extract recipes where LBS of Dry and liquid are used and small amounts/ozs of specialty grains are on the bill. A dropdown, like the one provided in MISCELLANEOUS ingredients would be best IMO.
:p

Back