• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Northwest ale 1332 experience

Doomtheflame

Apprentice
Reaction score
Ok brewed this

Medium body mash

5lbs pilsn
4.5lbs 2row
1lbs vienna

hop Schedule

amarillo gold .5oz 60min
amarillo gold .5oz 30min
amarillo gold .5oz 10 min
2oz amarilo dry hop

and this yeast
wyeast Northwest ale 1332
fermenting temp 68f

OG 1060

man i have never seen such a krausen.

First i have just Under 5 gallon batch in a 6 gallon carboy never had too use blow off only bubbler with this og

3 days of insane activity and last night kapow repainted the ceiling and walls with hop, protein and krausen.

So decided to use a blow off dam is it ever overflowing it has filled my 1 liter (250ml star san) mason jar and overflowed in the bol i put Under the mason jar.

Has anyone used this strain and is it a crazy krausen maker or is ther some kind of infection in action here????

Not likely to be infection. 

You have three very fermentable malts and a healthy amount of IBUs. With enough O2 and a lively yeast, it seems perfectly possible to have some blow off.

Nope. Just some wicked fermentation going on. Get a bigger fermenter, hook up a blow off rather than an air lock, or shrink the batch a bit to reduce the mess but, it's just a little blow off. You have nothing to worry about. Let it go and it is going to be a good beer. Don't even worry about contamination. Not an issue.

Back