• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredient list order

jjocsak

Brewer
Reaction score
I was wondering if you are going to make a change in the way the recipe lists ingredients.
For example listing hops are not always in order by time, they seem to be listed by weight.
The brewsheet seems to list them correctly.

Jeff

Jeff,
  Hops are listed on the ingredient sheet by IBU contribution.  I could have them resorted by time of addition with a little work I suppose.

Thanks,
Brad

I typically do not use the brewsheet to brew with and brew off the normal view recipe prit out.  I too would like to be able to sort the hops in addition order.

Fred

I'm working on it now...it will probably be an option you can turn on or off.

Brad

All,
  I'm thinking of just altering the hop order to reflect addition time.  I have a feeling if I sorted all of the ingredients by addition time, it would not produce the desired result because all of the grains, hops, etc would be intermingled by addition time, which would make it a pain when trying to edit the list.

Also, on the new version there are a large number of new variables for making custom reports that let you list just boil ingredients, mash ingredients, etc...for making custom brewsheets and recipe reports.

Cheers!
Brad

OK,
  I just changed it so ONLY the hops is now sorted by boil time within the ingredients list.  This seems to produce the effect people have been asking for.

Cheers!
Brad

Back