• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New to the forum but not to BrewSmith or brewing

chucktown

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
my name is Chuck Townsley and my email is [email protected].  Feel free to get hold of me anytime you like.
I started brewing in 1991 in NY and continued non stop after moving to Austin Texas in 1993.  Of course I started with Kit brewing and quickly went on to partial mash brewing in the first two years.  And by 1994 was full grain brewing.  My move from bottle to keg occurred in the same time frame.  I have spent way to many hours scouring over books and articles and trying new ideas. 
Of course it is a  hobby for me and have been asked many times why I don't do this for a living and i always answer the same way.  I love it because I do it to relax from my normal work.  If I started brewing on a schedule, then I would see it as work as well.
In any case, I look forward to talking and discussing with you all.
Chuck
Round Rock, Tx.

Hi Chuck-

Welcome to the site.

I would not recommend putting your email up in a directly usable format, as you have done.  there are bots out there in the interwebs that troll for things they can recognize as email addresses.  Then they will begin to spam those accounts incessantly, until you have to shutdown and move to a new address.

Besides, its not really necessary.  People will post question here, that you are welcome to read and respond to, at your leisure...in addition to the rest of us who do likewise.  That way the questions and answers are available to all...instead of just between you and another homebrewer.

I'm up in McKinney, and have been brewing since the late 90s. 

Back