• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Option to store inventory in the cloud

drb1215

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi -

It would be great to be able to access inventory from multiple devices. Either by having the option to store your inventory in the cloud, or the ability to sync devices.  My inventory process now is a) go down to my brew room with pad and pen b) come back upstairs and make my entries.  Would be nice to be able to do so with my mobile device and know that the info will be available everywhere.

-Dan

You can sort of do this already. I add all my ingredients into a recipe and I title it Inventory. I save that to the cloud and can see it wherever I have a web connection. You can do the same with a shopping list.

Thanks big chicken for the tip.  If it was truly the inventory, and not a recipe titled inventory, then you could manage your inventory from your mobile device.

For example, there are times when I'm in my brew room and I ether have new inventory coming in, or need to adjust some quantities.  It would be nice to be able to do this once from my phone, rather than write it down (or store in a recipe) and then later have to transfer it to my actual inventory when I'm at my desktop.

-Dan

Second me on this feature as well.
I can't count the number of times I've thought to myself at the LHBS hrm, do I have that... only to not know.
AO

This one has my vote too!

I own both Mac and Mobile versions of BeerSmith, and I do my recipe formulation and long term planning on my Mac.
I would love to be able to take stock on my iPad and be able to sync the two devices (via the cloud, iTunes sync, whatever)
As it is, I actually find that I never use the mobile version at all.

Inventory is at the top of my sync wish list, but obviously it would be nice to be able to sync recipes, profiles, and every other kind of data too.

Morten

Back