• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

is there a way to set boiling point of water?

tgzdave

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been brewing for a while now but have only recently started using BeerSmith.  The program is great!  Thanks for all the work!

I ran into an interesting problem yesterday while brewing an all grain Irish red.  BeerSmith wanted me to mash out by adding water at a temperature of 205 degrees.  Well, I'm at about 5500 feet and water boils at 203 degrees.  I adjusted by adding more water and got close to my mash out temperature but I was just wondering if there was a way to set  the boiling point of water in BrewSmith to make this adjustment automatic?

Thanks again for a great program!

Dave

Dave,
  I don't have this option currently.  You can set boiling point when working with the decoction tools, but I don't have an automatic way to handle this otherwise.

Brad

Ok, Thanks Brad.  This won't stop me from using beersmith.  I can adjust manually and usually get where I need to go.

If you would though, please put this on your list of future enhancements.

Thanks,

Dave

Back