• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

thoughts on this

all grain

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
putting one together for tomorrow what ya all think.
7#pale ale malt
2# white wheat
1# honey malt
.5# Carmel 60
.5# biscuit
.5 carafoam
.75 flaked oats
70 min @153 mash
cascade 1 oz@ 60.20.0
05 yeast

so how did it turn out? Sounded a bit light on the hops to me, but didn't know where you were going with it.
Looked like you were making a light wheat. I might have used carapils 20 instead of the flaked oat for head retention, but again, you may have been going for something else.
Let us know what it came out like

It's fermenting away as I type. one of the clearest beers I've made, must of got the grain bed just right. As far as the hops go there are 3 ozs in there 1 at each time- 60-20-0. I have been using cascade only, in my last 3 beers. I'm doing this so I get to know the most I can about of them. I figure if I only use one hop for a while it will teach me a lot about said hop.  COLABERATION PORTER is up next, going to mill the grains tonight or tomorrow. 

I figure if I only use one hop for a while it will teach me a lot about said hop.

I get mine by the pound from hops direct dot com. By the time I'm done with a bag I know a bit about the variety.

Well it just so happens that I bottled it yesterday. I have been using this type of grain bill a lot with the exception of the w wheat. after tasting the FG before bottling I'm vary convinced that the white wheat makes this almost perfect. also the biscuit is important for the after taste. after drinking 1/2 a glass, burp and the taste of the biscuit is there. wow. now I also put in a dry hop of 3/4 oz  sryerain goldings and that was a good move. all and all this beer will not be around long.  PS the fg was 1.0125  perfect .imho

ha ha ha, the thing is on fri sat I'm not doing what most are, so got to do what ya got to do.

Back