Author Topic: Best place to buy sturdy bags  (Read 29800 times)

Offline BeerNut

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • Beer, Beer, Glorious Beer.....
Re: Best place to buy sturdy bags
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 10:10:33 PM »
Try high thread count cotton pillow cases.
"This is grain... which any fool can eat. But for which the Lord intended, a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about..... beer."

Drinking vanilla porter, 90 IPA, 60 IPA, Irish Red Braggot. On Deck hefeweizen, Irish Red, Steam

Offline gvhorwitz

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 08:42:55 AM »
I'm not sure if you're looking here now, but I highly recommend the brew bag: http://www.brewinabag.com/

The bag is very sturdy, they make them to fit your equipment, it cleans very nicely and the handles built in help in the process of lifting.

Enjoy,

Greg

Offline widgeteye

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 02:24:58 PM »
www.bagbrewer.com

Great bags, good price, custom sized for your pot! Sent in my order with pot dimensions, received a nice product in about 4 or 5 days.

These are the best, strongest bags you can buy. They are built to your specifications and stronger than you would believe. Up to 60 lbs or more. They come with strong handles and you can order with more than 4 handles. In fact you can order anyway you want them. They are a little high but worth every dime you invest. Just consider reducing your trub by about 70% each brew day. They are worth the investment of 35 bucks. I ordered a bag for my BIAB brewing and am extremely happy,

Offline Gregwb

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 08:36:29 AM »
My wife sewed mine with mesh she got at a local fabric store and then sewed in web straps on the outside in a cross pattern to add support.  The straps terminate in 2 loop handles for lifting.  I have brewed 10 gallon batches with over 25 lbs of dry grain.  I lift it with a pulley system and allow it to drain/drip.  Cheers!

Offline txpitmaster

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 05:09:58 PM »
I'm also looking at http://www.brewinabag.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-brew-bag-for-kettles for use as a sturdy, high-capacity bag for BIAB. 

I has reinforced straps, and can, apparently, be used for pulley systems, etc.

I have one of the brew bags and hop sacs and LOVE them!  The security of the  1" webbing adds to the strength and piece of mind for me!

Offline aforesterj

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »
There is a guy on Homebrewtalk.com with the username "wilserbrewer" that sells custom sized bags, even with draw strings. You just send him the dimensions you need. They are pretty reasonable and people rave about them. He is listed as a vendor on the site. Just search his name and it will come up. I think his website is biabbags.webs.com - no www. He even sells ratcheting pullies to hoist them.

This guy makes fantastic bags!  Very good response time and shipping time!